Contractor Sundt Construction continues roadway reconstruction on the Broadway Corridor Lower Segment (E. Houston St. to IH-35) project, and bike lane work on the Avenue B and N. Alamo Bike Lane project.
- Broadway (Brooklyn to Roy Smith): Work includes westside roadway reconstruction, including curbs, sidewalks, driveway approaches, and pavers.
- Broadway (E. Jones to Roy Smith): CPS Duct Bank work completed. Westside roadway reconstruction, including curbs, sidewalks, driveway approaches, and pavers.
Two-Way traffic northbound and southbound is opened, and will be maintained while working on the west side of the roadway.
- AT&T work throughout the corridor is completed.
- Avenue B, McCullough, and N. Alamo bike lanes: Clean-up work, and pressuring washing.
- All work is weather permitting, construction scheduling adjusted daily as needed by Sundt.
This work is associated with the $42 Million, 2017 Bond Project. Businesses and residents have sidewalk and parking lot accessibility. Bike lane work is in association with the Avenue B/North Alamo bike lanes. Access to local traffic and businesses will be maintained. Construction began Summer 2020 and will be substantially complete by Summer 2024. For ease of reference a list of road closures and detour route maps are provided.